Kennedy meets Kopechne
FMB
2009-08-26 11:50:05 UTC
Its about time.

FMB
(North Mexico)
TwoGuns
2009-08-26 13:24:19 UTC
Post by FMB
Its about time.
FMB
(North Mexico)
I agree.
DL
Old Harley Rider
2009-08-26 16:21:42 UTC
At least we have one senator that won't be lying or feeding us bull shit
anymore.
At the very least he should have been charged with manslaughter
Post by TwoGuns
Post by FMB
Its about time.
FMB
(North Mexico)
I agree.
DL
LK
2009-08-26 13:46:05 UTC
Senator Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts, a son of one of the most
storied families in American politics, a man who knew triumph and
tragedy in near-equal measure and who will be remembered as one of the
most effective lawmakers in the history of the Senate, died late
Tuesday night. He was 77.

The death of Mr. Kennedy, who had been battling brain cancer, was
announced Wednesday morning in a statement by the Kennedy family,
which was already mourning the death of the senator’s sister Eunice
Kennedy Shriver two weeks earlier.

“Edward M. Kennedy – the husband, father, grandfather, brother and
uncle we loved so deeply – died late Tuesday night at home in Hyannis
Port,” the statement said. “We’ve lost the irreplaceable center of our
family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his
faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/27/us/politics/27kennedy.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

***************************

He appealed to the angels of our hearts. Godspeed, Ted.

LK
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-26 14:10:49 UTC
Post by LK
He appealed to the angels of our hearts. Godspeed, Ted.
Since the media won't dwell on Kennedy's true character, we'll remind
you here.
**************************
"Although the senator claimed that he was taking Kopechne to the ferry
landing site at the island’s east edge to catch the last ferry home, he
turned right on the main road, heading east, instead of left, to drive
west. It is believed by everyone except Kennedy that the senator
intended to have sexual relations with Kopechne but, drunk at the wheel,
he drove off the bridge instead, abandoning his date to her fate.

Kennedy did not report the “accident” for nine hours. Meantime, he tried
to swear his friends and attorneys to his secret and swam to the
mainland to pretend he’d been in a hotel there all the time, thereby
seeking to establish an alibi. Back at the scene of the crime, Kennedy’s
friends dove into the pond, seeking to rescue the trapped passenger, but
were unable to reach the submerged car.

Later, a diver removed the young woman’s corpse from the wrecked
automobile, and several experts have expressed their opinion that a
large air pocket existed in the car’s back seat area that would have
permitted Kopechne to survive in the automobile for several hours. Had
Kennedy not waited for nine hours to notify authorities, they say, it is
quite possible that she might be alive today. "
**************
LZ
richard
2009-08-26 15:35:03 UTC
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:10:49 -0500, Lone Haranguer
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by LK
[...]
Yep that was the consensus of news reporters who never stepped foot
near the scene. I read the book written by the main investigator. One
of the first things he noticed was, the front seat was moved forward.
This would indicate a person shorter than Kennedy was driving.
Kennedy's license had been suspended for a previous DUI.
Being drunk, he didn't want to get caught DUI again so he had her
drive.

My big question is, if Kennedy was able to escape, why not her?
Like you're going to roll up the window and lock the doors before
leaving the sunken car? Hardly. Something prevented her from escaping.

Then the investigator concluded that the only charge TK could have
been charged with was leaving the scene of an accident.
Old Harley Rider
2009-08-26 16:25:07 UTC
At least we have one senator that won't be lying or feeding us bull shit
anymore.
At the very least he should have been charged with manslaughter
It's a shame he won't be around to see what his nomination of Obama will
do to this country.
Hunter Hampton
2009-08-26 18:24:11 UTC
How many times are you going to write the same shit?
Obama For Eight!
2009-08-26 19:46:28 UTC
Post by Old Harley Rider
At least we have one senator that won't be lying or feeding us bull shit
anymore.
At the very least he should have been charged with manslaughter
How many times are you going to write the same shit?
He's a Repuke Moron, Hunter, what can you expect from him and his
brain-damaged ilk?

Kennedy only had brain cancer for a couple of years. These sicko
Repugnant Party bastrads on RORT were born with a brain disease called
R.P.A. (Republican Part Affilliation).

-WW
D. Arlington
2009-08-27 00:14:21 UTC
Pure panic?
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-27 00:23:43 UTC
Post by D. Arlington
Post by richard
My big question is, if Kennedy was able to escape, why not her?
Like you're going to roll up the window and lock the doors before
leaving the sunken car? Hardly. Something prevented her from escaping.
Pure panic?
Kennedy's career was more important than Mary Jo's life.......that's the
short version.
LZ
Obama For Eight!
2009-08-27 03:17:02 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by D. Arlington
Post by richard
My big question is, if Kennedy was able to escape, why not her?
Like you're going to roll up the window and lock the doors before
leaving the sunken car? Hardly. Something prevented her from escaping.
Pure panic?
Kennedy's career was more important than Mary Jo's life.......that's the
short version.
LZ
HOO BOY HOO BOY HOO BOY
ONCE AGAIN, THE VERITABLE EXPERT AT MISDIRECTION AND BIRDWALKING
STRENUOUSLY AVOIDS ANSWERING THE QUESTION REGARDING PANIC AND JUST
SEGUES AWAY FROM HAVING TO ANSWER BY POSTULATING MORE OF HIS
MISDIRECTION BULLSHIT. WHAT A CLOWN ACT YOU ARE ASSWIPE! GROW A
BRAIN, DUMMKOPF!.
THE ONLY 'SHORT VERSION' OF ANYTHING IS PROBABLY YOUR MONKEY.
HAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW
Chuck Norris
2009-08-27 03:08:13 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by LK
[...]
I reaad a book and the author concluded that one of ht ekennedy kids
was driving. He based this on a number of factors.

1) The kid came into a bar soaking wet and made a number of fone
calls.
2) Teddy came in dry as a bone but disheveled. (Being drunk 24/7
does that).
TK made more calls.

I wasn't there so I cannot even speculate.
Why would Teddy take the fall.
Why wasn't she rape tested? She prolly was but they hushed up the
results,

shows the power of$millions
--
Will Rogers never met Obama!

Chuck Norris
LK
2009-08-26 15:56:52 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by LK
He appealed to the angels of our hearts.  Godspeed, Ted.
Since the media won't dwell on Kennedy's true character, we'll remind
you here.
The car accident when he gave his secretary a lift home? BFD.

He was smarter than you are. Course, you are smarter than Dubya
(remember Cheney's pet project who was handed the oval office on a
silver platter.......... with the brain so small that if it were
placed on the end of a pin, it would roll around like a bee-bee on a
freeway?)

Here's his last bill passed in office as Senator - he was always in
favor of service to our country .......and he served us all in every
day of his life from the moment Bobby was assassinated...

KENNEDY HAILS SERVICE BILL PASSAGE
March 26, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senators Barbara A. Mikulski (D-Md.), Edward
M. Kennedy (D-Mass.), Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) and Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.),
today applauded Senate passage of the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America
Act (S. 277), the most sweeping overhaul and expansion of national
service programs in 16 years. Continuing the bipartisan tradition of
national service legislation, the bill was written by Health,
Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee Chairman Kennedy and
Senator Hatch. Senators Enzi and Mikulski were also integral in
crafting the bill, and bringing it to a quick vote on the Senate
floor.

“Even in the midst of the greatest economic crisis in a generation,
Americans everywhere are looking to serve and give back to their
country. They want to know how they can give and how they can help.
They want to be part of an effort to improve society,” Senator
Mikulski said. “This bill makes use of this new, invigorated spirit to
serve, while putting people to work in specific areas of national
need. This is a public investment that will pay dividends long beyond
anything we can imagine.”

“Today’s Senate passage of the Serve America Act demonstrates welcome
bipartisan agreement on the often neglected but indispensable value of
citizen service in addressing some of the most urgent challenges
facing America and the world. The bill is a major expansion of
existing national and community programs. Its goal is to tap much
more deeply into Americans’ enthusiasm to serve, and direct it to
areas and issues where it can make the biggest difference. I commend
Senator Mikulski, Senator Hatch, and Senator Enzi for their impressive
bipartisan cooperation in achieving such prompt Senate action, and I
look forward to it becoming a significant part of President Obama’s
strategy for getting America back on track,” Senator Kennedy said.

“The passage of the Serve America Act is a significant milestone for
our country. By increasing opportunities nationwide for Americans to
serve and, thus, enabling private citizens to do more for their
communities, personal and community responsibility will take the place
of direct government aid,” said Senator Hatch. “Volunteer service is a
keystone to our country’s traditions, and it is becoming increasingly
important in these troubled economic times that we help our neighbors.
I am honored to be a part of the bipartisan group of Senators who
joined together to support this important legislation.”

“A comprehensive reauthorization of our national service statutes is
long overdue,” Senator Enzi said. “This is a fiscally responsible
bill that will improve accountability, reduce bureaucracy and
eliminate waste in our national service programs. This bill will
leverage the efforts of a few to mobilize millions of faith-based
organizations, church groups, non-profits, and individuals to
volunteer their time and energy freely to serve their communities. It
does not include any mandates of any kind for individuals or groups to
volunteer.”

Senator Mikulski added, “When Alexis De Tocqueville wrote about
America, he said ‘America is great because she is good.’ He noticed
the spirit of volunteerism, neighbor-helping-neighbor, habits of the
heart that bred habits of humanity. This bill rekindles the great
American spirit of volunteerism, providing more opportunities for all
Americans to answer the call of service. I want to thank Senator
Kennedy, Senator Hatch and Senator Enzi for their hard work crafting
this legislation.”

The Serve America Act updates and strengthens national service
programs administrated by the Corporation for National and Community
Service, a federal agency created in 1993. The bill also allows for
new service corps focused on areas of national need, and within
AmeriCorps supports innovative entrepreneurs who are solving our real
challenges.

Specifically, the Serve America Act:

· Puts AmericaCorps on a growth path from its current level of
75,000 volunteers a year to

250,000 volunteers a year. Last month, more than 9,700 online
applications were submitted to AmeriCorps, more than triple the number
submitted at the same time last year.

· Creates new programs to address America’s most pressing
challenges, such as tackling the dropout crisis and strengthening our
schools; improving health care for low-income communities; assisting
veterans and military families; boosting energy efficiency; and
cleaning up parks.

· Increases the Eli Segal AmeriCorps Education Award and links
it to the maximum PELL grant in the future, currently $5,350, to
increase incentives for service and postsecondary education.

· Creates a “Summer of Service” program to encourage middle and
high school students to engage in a summer of community service and
put them on a path to a lifetime of service.

· Creates “Encore Fellowships” to put the skills and
experience of older Americans to work. This one-year fellowship gives
Americans aged over 50 the opportunity to transition into part-time or
full-time service to carry out projects of national need.

· Creates a Social Innovation Fund to support the work of
successful and dynamic nonprofits, and help them bring their
innovative ideas to scale.

The Serve America Act now heads to the U.S. House of Representatives
for final approval, before going to President Obama to be signed into
law.

***********************

He was more honest and serving of the needs of this country than any
other senator besides Bob Dole. He fought for the good of other
Americans.

LK
Old Harley Rider
LK
Obama For Eight!
2009-08-26 19:38:36 UTC
On Aug 26, 9:25 am, Old Harley Rider <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

<the same horseshit crapola, posted over and over again> snipped.

Looks like "Old Harley Rider" has not been wearing his face shield
lately and too many insects have flown up his nose and infested his
walnut-sized brain. Geez, you fucking moron, how many times do you
feel the need to repost EXACTLY the same thing? Yathink 9 or 10 times
is enough? Better post it again 'cause it's obviously you're a dumb
fuck and it may take you that many times to read and comprehend the
bullshit drivel and drool you wrote.

-WW
Old Harley Rider
2009-08-26 22:07:41 UTC
Well, lets see. I got a response from a nitwit posting under the name
"Obama for Eight."
Your posting has shown everybody what a uneducated, illiterate moron has
to say.
You're most likely a graduate of the third grade.

If I had posted once, I probably would not have gotten a response. I
replied to every
posting about Kennedy to see what responses would emerge from the bottom
of the barrel.
-WW
Bruce S
2009-08-26 22:55:06 UTC
Post by Old Harley Rider
Well, lets see. I got a response from a nitwit posting under the name
"Obama for Eight."
Your posting has shown everybody what a uneducated, illiterate moron
has to say.
I'm not sure his post showed anyone how "uneducated, illiterate" he is - no
one saw it until you quoted it. Everyone else has him filtered.

Bruce
Obama For Eight!
2009-08-27 03:13:23 UTC
Post by Bruce S
I'm not sure his post showed anyone how "uneducated, illiterate" he is - no
one saw it until you quoted it.  Everyone else has him filtered.
Juicey Brucie
YEP, FILTERING = THE HEAD-IN-THE-SAND TACTIC USED BY CHICKENSHIT,
GUTLESS, BALL-LESS REPUKES COWARDS EVERYWHERE.

THEY TREMBLE IN FEAR WHEN THEY SEE THE OPINION OF SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T
SUBSCRIBE TO THE CENTRAL REPUGNANT PARTY MINDHIVE AND RUN AS FAST AS
THEY CAN TO THEIR LITTLE HIDEY-HOLES, PEEING THEIR PANTIES ALL THE
WAY.

SNICKER....SNERK....HOO BOY...HAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW
Obama For Eight!
2009-08-27 03:08:58 UTC
Post by Obama For Eight!
<the same horseshit crapola, posted over and over again> snipped.
Looks like "Old Harley Rider" has not been wearing his face shield
lately and too many insects have flown up his nose and infested his
walnut-sized brain.  Geez, you fucking moron, how many times do you
feel the need to repost EXACTLY the same thing?  Yathink 9 or 10 times
is enough?  Better post it again 'cause it's obviously you're a dumb
fuck and it may take you that many times to read and comprehend the
bullshit drivel and drool you wrote.
NO,. YOU FUCKING MORON, YOU POSTED E-X-A-C-T-L-Y THE SAME THING 8-10
TIMES LIKE SOME NEWBIE IDIOT ROOKIE, WHICH YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE. Y-O-U
ARE THE UNEDUCATED 2ND GRADE DROPOUT!

LEARN TO POST ON THE NEWSGROUP PROPERLY OR HOP ON YOUR HARLEY AND RIDE
INTO A SWARM OF LOCUSTS SOMEWHERE YOU DUMB BASTARD.

WILL ROGERS NEVER MET THE OLD, SMELLY, DICKHEADED HARLEY RIDER!

haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw
Old Harley Rider
-WW
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-26 16:53:37 UTC
Post by LK
The Serve America Act now heads to the U.S. House of Representatives
for final approval, before going to President Obama to be signed into
law.
It's a vote-buying program and designed to keep the ghetto youth from
their favorite summer pastimes.....looting and rioting.

Those signing up can't get into the military to serve their
country......due to criminal records.
LZ
Old Harley Rider
LZ
Hunter Hampton
2009-08-26 18:24:43 UTC
Four
Peter Pan

so kennedy lied and people died? Sounds like a bumper sticker......
Old Harley Rider
2009-08-26 16:32:39 UTC
Tell me if I'm wrong.
I thought Arlington was for service men.
Was Kennedy ever in the military ?
Lone Haranguer
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-26 17:08:51 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
If my memory is on track he was a clerk in the Army in the early '50s.
LZ
1951-53
2 years probably means he was drafted but although the Korean War was in
progress, managed to get a short tour in Germany.
LZ
Obama For Eight!
2009-08-26 19:42:57 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by Lone Haranguer
If my memory is on track he was a clerk in the Army in the early '50s.
LZ
1951-53
2 years probably means he was drafted but although the Korean War was in
progress, managed to get a short tour in Germany.
LZ
HOO BOY HOO BOY HOO BOY
You mean like a similar cushy job as a wannabe weatherman having his
photo taken standing goofy-like beside some bird and then sucking off
of the government like the military welfare bum he is for the rest of
his sicko life?
haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw

SNICKER SNERK
Peter Pan
2009-08-26 21:46:27 UTC
Post by Old Harley Rider
Tell me if I'm wrong.
I thought Arlington was for service men.
Was Kennedy ever in the military ?
Arlington is a NATIONAL cemetary, not a military only cemetary....
see http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org

many non military people are buried there...
for instance
from http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/historical_information/index.html

Historical Figures Buried at Arlington National Cemetery
Audie Murphy
Five-Star Officers - Generals and Admirals
Glenn Miller
Ignacy Jan Paderewski
James Parks
Literary Figures
Matt Urban
Medical Figures
Military Figures
Pierre Charles L'Enfant
Robert R. Scott
Women
Technobarbarian
2009-08-26 22:45:15 UTC
Post by Old Harley Rider
Tell me if I'm wrong.
I thought Arlington was for service men.
Was Kennedy ever in the military ?
Arlington is a NATIONAL cemetary, not a military only cemetary....
see http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org
Just for a change of pace, if such a thing is physically possible, you might
try posting when you're sober once in awhile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arlington_National_Cemetery

Arlington National Cemetery, in Arlington, Virginia is a military cemetery
in the United States, established during the American Civil War on the
grounds of Arlington House, formerly the estate of the family of Robert E.
Lee's wife Mary Anna (Custis) Lee, a descendant of Martha Washington. The
cemetery is situated directly across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C.
and near The Pentagon. It is served by the Arlington Cemetery station on the
Blue Line of the Washington Metro system.

More than 300,000 people are buried in an area of 624 acres (2.53 km2).
Veterans and military casualties from every one of the nation's wars are
interred in the cemetery, from the American Civil War through the military
actions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Pre-Civil War dead were reinterred after
1900.

Arlington National Cemetery and United States Soldiers' and Airmen's Home
National Cemetery are administered by the Department of the Army. The other
National Cemeteries are administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs
or by the National Park Service. Arlington House (Custis-Lee Mansion) and
its grounds are administered by the National Park Service as a memorial to
Lee.
Post by Lone Haranguer
many non military people are buried there...
for instance
from http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/historical_information/index.html
Historical Figures Buried at Arlington National Cemetery
Audie Murphy
Audie Leon Murphy (June 20, 1926 (?) – May 28, 1971)[2] was a much-decorated
American soldier who served in the European Theater during World War II
Post by Lone Haranguer
Five-Star Officers - Generals and Admirals
Glenn Miller
In 1942, at the peak of his civilian career, Miller decided to join the war
effort. At 38, Miller was too old to be drafted, and first volunteered for
the Navy but was told that they did not need his services. [57] Miller then
wrote to Army Brigadier General Charles Young. He persuaded the United
States Army to accept him so he could, in his own words, "be placed in
charge of a modernized Army band."[3] After being accepted into the Army,
Glenn’s civilian band played their last concert in Passaic, New Jersey on
September 27, 1942.

On December 15, 1944, Miller was to fly from the United Kingdom to Paris,
France, to play for the soldiers who had recently liberated Paris. His plane
(a single-engined UC-64 Norseman, USAAF serial 44-70285) departed from RAF
Twinwood Farm in Clapham, Bedfordshire and disappeared while flying over the
English Channel.[67] No trace of the aircrew, passengers or plane has ever
been found. Miller's status is missing in action.
Post by Lone Haranguer
Ignacy Jan Paderewski
During World War I, Paderewski became an active member of the Polish
National Committee in Paris, which was soon accepted by the Entente as the
representative of Poland. He became a spokesman of that organisation and
soon also formed other social and political organisations, among them the
Polish Relief Fund in London. It was then that he met the English composer
Edward Elgar who used a theme from Paderewski's "Fantasie Polonaise"[3] in
his work "Polonia" written for the Polish Relief Fund concert in London on
July 6th 1916.

In April 1918, he met in New York City with leaders of the American Jewish
Committee, including Louis Marshall, in an unsuccessful attempt to broker a
deal whereby organized Jewish groups would support Polish territorial
ambitions in exchange for support for equal rights. However, it soon became
clear that no plan would satisfy both Jewish leaders and Roman Dmowski, head
of the Polish National Committee.[4]

At the end of the war, with the fate of the city of Poznan and the whole
region of Greater Poland (Wielkopolska) still undecided, Paderewski visited
Poznan. With his public speech on December 27, 1918, the Polish inhabitants
of Poznan began a military uprising against Germany, called the Greater
Poland Uprising.

Paderewski became the Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs
(January, 1919 - December, 1919), and he thus represented Poland at the
Paris Peace Conference. In the summer of that year, he signed the Treaty of
Versailles, which restored the territories of Greater Poland and Pomerania
around the City of Gdansk to Poland. Although this fell short of what the
Polish delegates had demanded, these territories provided the core of the
restored Polish state.

He was buried in Arlington National Cemetery, in Arlington Virginia, near
Washington D.C.. In 1992, his body was brought to Warsaw and placed in St.
John's Cathedral. His heart is encased in a bronze sculpture in the National
Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa near Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Post by Lone Haranguer
James Parks
The first graves in Arlington National Cemetery were dug by James Parks, a
former Arlington Estate slave. Parks was freed in 1862 under the terms of
the will of his former owner, George Washington Parke Custis. He still lived
on Arlington Estate when Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton signed the orders
designating Arlington as a military burial ground. Parks served in the U.S.
Army from 1861 to 1929 by working as a grave digger and maintenance man for
the cemetery. When Parks died on August 21, 1929, the Secretary of War
granted special permission for him to be buried at Arlington National
Cemetery with full military honors.
Post by Lone Haranguer
Literary Figures
Matt Urban
Lieutenant Colonel Matt Louis Urban (August 25, 1919- March 4, 1995) was a
United States Army officer who served with distinction in World War II. He
was belatedly awarded the Medal of Honor, in 1980 for repeated acts of
heroism in combat in France and Belgium in 1944. According to the Guinness
Book of World Records, he is the most decorated American serviceman.
Post by Lone Haranguer
Medical Figures
Military Figures
Pierre Charles L'Enfant
L'Enfant was recruited by Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais to join in
the American Revolutionary War in the American colonies. L’Enfant arrived in
1777 and served as a military engineer in the Continental Army with Major
General Lafayette.[1] L’Enfant became closely identified with the United
States, adopting the name Peter.[2][3]. He was wounded at the Siege of
Savannah in 1779, but recovered and served in General George Washington's
staff as a Captain of Engineers for the remainder of the Revolutionary War.
During the war, L'Enfant was with George Washington at Valley Forge. While
there, Marquis de Lafayette commissioned L'Enfant to paint a portrait of
Washington. L'Enfant was promoted by brevet to Major of Engineers on May 2,
1783 in recognition of his service to American liberty.[4] After the war,
L'Enfant designed the badge of the Society of the Cincinnati, shaped as an
eagle, at the request of Washington, and was sent to France to give the
badges to French officers who fought in the war.
Post by Lone Haranguer
Robert R. Scott
Robert R. Scott (July 13, 1915-December 7, 1941) was a United States Navy
sailor who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions
during the attack on Pearl Harbor
Post by Lone Haranguer
Women
Yeah, I really do have too much spare time on my hands right now, but
hey I'm working on it.

TB
Old Harley Rider
2009-08-26 23:32:46 UTC
I don't consume alcoholic beverages, I consider it a big waste of money.
I can cope with all that life has without help from alcohol.....
Technobarbarian
2009-08-26 23:43:10 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

Just for a change of pace, if such a thing is physically possible, you might
try posting when you're sober once in awhile.

In addition to being too slow to turn off the HTML you're having
problems reading attributions. I contributed because I didn't cut out all of
the extraneous bs. My response was directed at Peter Pan, who does appear to
have a substance abuse problem. I was so busy cutting and pasting that I
missed eliminating comments from you and LZ, but if you can follow the
attributions you'll see my comments were not directed at you. As I'm one of
the more careful people about cutting out extra stuff you will find learning
how to decipher who said what and to whom useful here.

TB
Peter Pan
2009-08-27 07:21:38 UTC
Post by Old Harley Rider
I don't consume alcoholic beverages, I consider it a big waste of money.
I can cope with all that life has without help from alcohol.....
Just for a change of pace, if such a thing is physically possible, you might
try posting when you're sober once in awhile.
In addition to being too slow to turn off the HTML you're having
problems reading attributions. I contributed because I didn't cut out all
of the extraneous bs. My response was directed at Peter Pan, who does
appear to have a substance abuse problem. I was so busy cutting and
pasting that I missed eliminating comments from you and LZ, but if you can
follow the attributions you'll see my comments were not directed at you.
As I'm one of the more careful people about cutting out extra stuff you
will find learning how to decipher who said what and to whom useful here.
TB
well then you are even dumber than the rocks in the yard, tomorrow is 15
years of being sober for me.... Odd that you accuse someone whose sober of
being a drunk, are you just blotto yourself, or just plain stupid?
Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
2009-08-27 09:49:45 UTC
TB
How dare you accuse Peter (hic) Pan of posting while drunk! Don't you
know he hasn't had a drop in 15 years? HawHawHaw!
Next, you'll probably be telling such falsehoods about BILL P.,
"Liver Can", or Chuck Norris, who can't even type some evenings, when
his back gets to hurting him, and he needs a few Vicodins to calm him
down for his nonsensical rants? HawHawHaw!
What's the matter with you? (wink wink! )
Ray
Technobarbarian
2009-08-27 13:59:25 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Old Harley Rider
[...]
LOL, odd? I would welcome an alternate explanation for how you manage
to make so many really stupid posts. Completely fired your brain when you
were drinking? Prescription medications? "Stoned on some new potion you
found upon the wall of some unholy bathroom in some ungodly hall?" You
really are just that stupid and still manage to survive day to day life?
What? How else do you explain telling us so many really stupid things like
your post telling us Arlington isn't a military cemetary based on your list
of famous military people buried there? Or in the case of Glen Miller, who
was also famously in the military, famously not buried there?

TB
Peter Pan
2009-08-27 17:08:28 UTC
Post by Technobarbarian
LOL, odd? I would welcome an alternate explanation for how you
manage to make so many really stupid posts. Completely fired your brain
when you were drinking? Prescription medications? "Stoned on some new
potion you found upon the wall of some unholy bathroom in some ungodly
hall?" You really are just that stupid and still manage to survive day to
day life? What? How else do you explain telling us so many really stupid
things like your post telling us Arlington isn't a military cemetary based
on your list of famous military people buried there? Or in the case of
Glen Miller, who was also famously in the military, famously not buried
there?
TB
not sure what you are babbling about....
the link was for arlington cemetary itself, and one of the links is who is
eligable....

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/funeral_information/guide.interment.html

A Guide to Burial at Arlington National Cemetery

Establishing Eligibility

Eligibility for Interment (Ground Burial)

An elective office of the U.S. Government

wasn't he elected to office as a senator?..... That makes him eligible
whether or not he served/has prior military service, or has relatives buried
there...
point is, should we believe the stuff on the arlington site as to who is
eligible, or some thing off wikipedia?
Bob Hatch
2009-08-28 05:15:18 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
Hey, TB. I think he's got you on this one. :-)
--
The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism,
but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every
http://www.tdsrvresort.com
William Boyd
2009-08-28 05:23:14 UTC
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
I'm not worried weather or not Kennedy is eligible to be planted in
Arlington, just as long as I know where to go to take a piss.
--
BILL P.
&
who you vote for
Bob Hatch
2009-08-28 05:27:30 UTC
Post by William Boyd
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
I understand. I won't be able to get back there to add my contribution so
could you add a little for me. :-)
http://www.tdsrvresort.com
William Boyd
2009-08-28 05:43:32 UTC
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by William Boyd
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
I don't see why not, he will be there a long time. Course he might float
away with all the people pissing on his grave.
--
BILL P.
&
who you vote for
James Wilson
2009-08-28 06:31:51 UTC
William Palmore and Robert Hatch, just another two totally sicko and
perverted jokes of humanity who probably piously act like they're
Christians around their friends and then talk about pissing on
someone's grave just because he doesn't belong to their political
party.

They offer a perfect demonstration of how the Repugnant Party mind
works..................

IT DOESN'T ! IT'S WHOLLY AND COMPLETELY DYSFUNCTIONAL AT THE MOST
BASE LEVEL.

It's just a reactive tool that pukes up the 12-year-old schoolboy
mentality in all of the Repuke seniors on RORT. What a sicko fucking
lot of sorry excuses for human beings they are!

And to talk about pissing on someone's grave just shows how low to the
bottom of the scum pond these two particular asswipes have sunk.

Satan awaits you two bastards. Don't keep him waiting too long! And
no one will need to ever piss on your two graves; the fires of
damnation will more than take care of your sick, demented souls.
-JW
Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
2009-08-28 09:31:40 UTC
Isn't BILL P. one tough talking blowhard? I'd love to see him waddle
up to Ted Kennedy's grave, and squat down to piddle! <G>
One can only wonder what he really did in the service for 30 years as
stupid as he is?
He brays about being some sort of commando storm trooper in Vietnam,
while serving in the Air Force, yeah right? HawHawHaw!
Ray
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-28 13:38:31 UTC
Post by Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
Isn't BILL P. one tough talking blowhard? I'd love to see him waddle
up to Ted Kennedy's grave, and squat down to piddle! <G>
One can only wonder what he really did in the service for 30 years as
stupid as he is?
He brays about being some sort of commando storm trooper in Vietnam,
while serving in the Air Force, yeah right? HawHawHaw!
Ray
He's provided lots of photos to prove his service there while you have
provided absolutely nothing.

Put up or shut up.
LZ
William Boyd
2009-08-28 14:12:46 UTC
Post by Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
Isn't BILL P. one tough talking blowhard? I'd love to see him waddle
up to Ted Kennedy's grave, and squat down to piddle! <G>
One can only wonder what he really did in the service for 30 years as
stupid as he is?
He brays about being some sort of commando storm trooper in Vietnam,
while serving in the Air Force, yeah right? HawHawHaw!
Ray
That was Air Force Combat Com unit. One does not brag about his awards
and decorations, But make sure you keep paying your taxes because I
laugh all the way to the bank.
--
BILL P.
&
who you vote for
Chuck Norris
2009-08-28 17:15:39 UTC
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 00:43:32 -0500, William Boyd
Post by William Boyd
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by William Boyd
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
For purposes of honoring that fat, murdering SOB, anywhere I piss is
where he is buried.
--
Will Rogers never met Obama!

Chuck Norris
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-28 13:34:08 UTC
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by William Boyd
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
And be sure to take the dog too.
LZ
William Boyd
2009-08-28 14:00:21 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by William Boyd
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
That's funny that you would bring that up, when we were on the ranch, if
I took a piss at a tree he would follow up to.
--
BILL P.
&
who you vote for
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-28 13:33:32 UTC
Post by William Boyd
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
Even if he weren't eligible, "the powers that be" would change the rules.

Remember those ACORN members rousting voters who were being prosecuted?
According to Conyers it was "the powers that be" who decided to cut
them loose.

I noticed the prosecution of Richardson and his crooked pals has also
been dropped by "the powers that be".

Rangel has suddenly discovered three quarters of a million in
"undisclosed assets" in his underwear drawer. Democrats consider him a
member in good standing and he still writes the country's tax code.

When it comes to blatant hypocrisy, it's really tough to beat the Democrats.
LZ
William Boyd
2009-08-28 13:58:10 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by William Boyd
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
Damed I gotta stick around a while, I've got a lotta grave pissing to do.
--
BILL P.
&
who you vote for
Bruce S
2009-08-28 16:38:18 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
Even if he weren't eligible, "the powers that be" would change the rules.
Remember those ACORN members rousting voters who were being
prosecuted? According to Conyers it was "the powers that be" who
decided to cut them loose.
I noticed the prosecution of Richardson and his crooked pals has also
been dropped by "the powers that be".
And don't forget that Patrick Fitzgerald was just fired to stop him from
continuing his investigation of Blagojevich and Rezko. Of course, no Dems
complained about the firing of that Federal Prosecutor.

Bruce
Chuck Norris
2009-08-28 18:56:23 UTC
Post by Bruce S
Post by Lone Haranguer
Even if he weren't eligible, "the powers that be" would change the rules.
Remember those ACORN members rousting voters who were being
prosecuted? According to Conyers it was "the powers that be" who
decided to cut them loose.
I noticed the prosecution of Richardson and his crooked pals has also
been dropped by "the powers that be".
And don't forget that Patrick Fitzgerald was just fired to stop him from
continuing his investigation of Blagojevich and Rezko. Of course, no Dems
complained about the firing of that Federal Prosecutor.
Bruce
No one complained when Clinton fired ALL the Fed Prosecutors.
--
Will Rogers never met Obama!

Chuck Norris
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-28 21:57:12 UTC
Post by Bruce S
Post by Lone Haranguer
Even if he weren't eligible, "the powers that be" would change the rules.
Remember those ACORN members rousting voters who were being
prosecuted? According to Conyers it was "the powers that be" who
decided to cut them loose.
I noticed the prosecution of Richardson and his crooked pals has also
been dropped by "the powers that be".
And don't forget that Patrick Fitzgerald was just fired to stop him from
continuing his investigation of Blagojevich and Rezko. Of course, no Dems
complained about the firing of that Federal Prosecutor.
Bruce
I hadn't heard that. He violated the law and his code of ethics to do
the Democrat's dirty work with regard to Scooter Libby and now he gets
thrown under the bus?

I hope he writes a book and gives us the full scoop.
LZ
Bruce S
2009-08-28 22:18:40 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by Bruce S
Post by Lone Haranguer
Even if he weren't eligible, "the powers that be" would change the rules.
Remember those ACORN members rousting voters who were being
prosecuted? According to Conyers it was "the powers that be" who
decided to cut them loose.
I noticed the prosecution of Richardson and his crooked pals has
also been dropped by "the powers that be".
And don't forget that Patrick Fitzgerald was just fired to stop him
from continuing his investigation of Blagojevich and Rezko. Of
course, no Dems complained about the firing of that Federal
Prosecutor. Bruce
I hadn't heard that. He violated the law and his code of ethics to do
the Democrat's dirty work with regard to Scooter Libby and now he gets
thrown under the bus?
I hope he writes a book and gives us the full scoop.
LZ
I'm going to have to backtrack on that just a little bit for now. I heard
it on the radio news the other day, but can't find any stories about it now.
If I con't find confirmation, I will post that fact here.

Bruce
Technobarbarian
2009-08-28 14:05:57 UTC
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
Ok then, maybe YOU can explain how the list of people he posted proves
it isn't a military cemetery. My goodness, as he noted, there are WOMEN
buried there so this should be easy for you.

TB
Bob Hatch
2009-08-28 15:21:21 UTC
Post by Technobarbarian
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
That's just too damn easy. He copyied and pasted from the lower left of this
page:

http://www.tdsrvresort.com
Technobarbarian
2009-08-28 15:44:42 UTC
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Technobarbarian
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
Was I really that unclear or are you being deliberately obtuse (again)?
The question is NOT where the list came from. That was obvious from the
link. The question is how this list proves Arlington is not a military
cemetary?

I've wasted more than enough time on this one already. Far more than I
should have, but that list, as proof that Arlington isn't a military
cemetary, was too damn silly to pass up. Some of you folks see the world in
such sharp monochromatic black and white I'm amazed you can drive a car, let
alone perform all the other functions that require the ability to see a bit
of gray. And I'm not even going to waste time trying to explain colors to
you. So the politicians carved out an exception for themselves? Gee we've
never seen that a bazillion times before. In your monochromatic world this
makes a cemetery that's run by the Department of the Army and chock-a-block
full of veterans NOT a military cemetery?

TB
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-28 15:52:44 UTC
Post by Technobarbarian
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Technobarbarian
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
So what if I qualify to be buried in a military cemetery but can't get
buried in Arlington?

Does that take it out of the running?
LZ
Obama For Eight!
2009-08-29 21:27:16 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
So what if I qualify to be buried in a military cemetery but can't get
buried in Arlington?
LZ
Just remember, whereever you are buried, be sure Esposa has you buried
face down in a very shallow grave so all of your RORT Repuke
clusterfuck buddies can stop by for a cold one.

HAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW

--WW

Bob Hatch
2009-08-28 16:15:49 UTC
Post by Technobarbarian
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Technobarbarian
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
But he didn't say that Arlington was not a Military Cemetary. He said, and I
quote:

"Arlington is a NATIONAL cemetary, not a military only cemetary....
see http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org

many non military people are buried there...
for instance
from http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/historical_information/index.html"

Your nastyness is wearing thin. I think that the guy with the "monochromatic
world" is the one looking back at you when you shave.
http://www.tdsrvresort.com
Technobarbarian
2009-08-28 17:18:53 UTC
Post by Bob Hatch
But he didn't say that Arlington was not a Military Cemetary. He said, and
"Arlington is a NATIONAL cemetary, not a military only cemetary....
see http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org
many non military people are buried there...
for instance
from http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/historical_information/index.html"
And then both you and the aptly named Peter Pan edit out this part, in
which there is only one vaguely non-military person if you wish to get

Post by Bob Hatch
Robert R. Scott
Robert R. Scott (July 13, 1915-December 7, 1941) was a United States Navy
sailor who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions
during the attack on Pearl Harbor
Post by Bob Hatch
Women
TB
Bob Hatch
2009-08-29 01:53:50 UTC
Post by Technobarbarian
Post by Bob Hatch
But he didn't say that Arlington was not a Military Cemetary. He
"Arlington is a NATIONAL cemetary, not a military only cemetary....
see http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org
many non military people are buried there...
for instance
from
http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/historical_information/index.html"
And then both you and the aptly named Peter Pan edit out this
part, in which there is only one vaguely non-military person if you
The king of nit pickers has more time on his hands than he knows what to do
with. :-)
Post by Bob Hatch
Robert R. Scott
Robert R. Scott (July 13, 1915-December 7, 1941) was a United States
Navy sailor who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his
actions during the attack on Pearl Harbor
Post by Bob Hatch
Women
TB
Mr. Nit-Picker. Go to the site and you will see that each of the
names/titles in the list are links. You do know what a link is, right?
http://www.tdsrvresort.com
Peter Pan
2009-08-28 20:07:34 UTC
Post by Bob Hatch
Post by Technobarbarian
Ok then, maybe YOU can explain how the list of people he posted
proves it isn't a military cemetery. My goodness, as he noted, there
are WOMEN buried there so this should be easy for you.
TB
That's just too damn easy. He copyied and pasted from the lower left of
http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/historical_information/index.html
--
The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism,
but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every
fragment of the socialist program until one day America
will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened."
Norman Thomas
http://www.bobhatch.com
http://www.tdsrvresort.com
funny thing is, the expanded list was not in the original post, nor the sent
file, nor on google... I would suspect that if you saw it (and included it
in your reply), it may be your isp/software/settings that expands
links/inserts text...

just out of curiosity, do you see just 13 lines with high level groups?
Historical Figures Buried at Arlington National Cemetery
Audie Murphy
Five-Star Officers - Generals and Admirals
Glenn Miller
Ignacy Jan Paderewski
James Parks
Literary Figures
Matt Urban
Medical Figures
Military Figures
Pierre Charles L'Enfant
Robert R. Scott
Women

if i paste the link, do you only see one line?
from http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/historical_information/index.html

it's certainly odd that you saw way more lines than i typed, but if you
aren't worried about where they came from, i'm sure not (I tend to cut text
down to a minimum and provide links)...
Technobarbarian
2009-08-28 20:24:01 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
funny thing is, the expanded list was not in the original post, nor the
sent file, nor on google... I would suspect that if you saw it (and
included it in your reply), it may be your isp/software/settings that
expands links/inserts text...
Google shows the list as part of your original post. If OE "expanded"
it automatically it would be the first time it has done it on my
machine--ever. If it had it would be odd that it only inserted this list and
not the entire page.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.outdoors.rv-travel/browse_thread/thread/4c55f9ded938b38c/a908e47ff272cc93?hl=en&

TB
bill horne
2009-08-28 15:59:02 UTC
Post by Peter Pan
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
The ANC site says:
g. Any former member of the Armed Forces who served on active duty
(other than for training) *and* who held any of the following positions:

1. An elective office of the U.S. Government
Note that's an "and" - not an "or".
--
bill
Technobarbarian
2009-08-26 23:23:14 UTC
Post by Old Harley Rider
Tell me if I'm wrong.
I thought Arlington was for service men.
Was Kennedy ever in the military ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy

"Kennedy enlisted in the United States Army in June 1951.[10] Following
basic training at Fort Dix, he requested assignment to Fort Holabird for
Army Intelligence training, but was dropped after a few weeks without
explanation.[10] He went to Camp Gordon for training in the Military Police
Corps.[10] In June 1952, he was assigned to the honor guard at SHAPE
headquarters in Paris.[4][10] His father's political connections ensured he
was not deployed to the ongoing Korean War.[4][11] While stationed in Europe
he travelled extensively on weekends and climbed the Matterhorn.[12] He was
discharged in March 1953 as a private first class."

TB
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-26 23:59:14 UTC
Post by Technobarbarian
Post by Old Harley Rider
Tell me if I'm wrong.
I thought Arlington was for service men.
Was Kennedy ever in the military ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy
"Kennedy enlisted in the United States Army in June 1951.[10] Following
basic training at Fort Dix, he requested assignment to Fort Holabird for
Army Intelligence training, but was dropped after a few weeks without
explanation.[10] He went to Camp Gordon for training in the Military Police
Corps.[10] In June 1952, he was assigned to the honor guard at SHAPE
headquarters in Paris.[4][10] His father's political connections ensured he
was not deployed to the ongoing Korean War.[4][11] While stationed in Europe
he travelled extensively on weekends and climbed the Matterhorn.[12] He was
discharged in March 1953 as a private first class."
TB
When they send you to the MPs it means your aptitude and IQ scores are
so low you are virtually untrainable in the modern military.
That sounds like Teddy all right.

Unusual that he didn't even finish a 2 year hitch. I seem to recall
that a draft hitch was 2 years while a voluntary enlistment was 3 years.
Maybe he was
allowed to volunteer for the draft? Did his serial number start with
U.S. or RA?

I'd like to see his military records and DD214.
LZ
William Boyd
2009-08-26 14:34:11 UTC
Post by LK
[...]
U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy dies at 77
Liberal lion loses yearlong battle with brain cancer at Massachusetts
home. He was not very well known as Edward.
--
BILL P.
&
who you vote for
TS
2009-08-26 15:29:42 UTC
Post by William Boyd
Post by LK
[...]
who you vote for- Hide quoted text -
I wouldn't piss up his ass if his guts were on fire...the dirty son of
a bitch.
TS
Steve Barker
ya! What you said! it's about time!
Old Harley Rider
Hunter Hampton
2009-08-26 18:25:02 UTC
Five
Old Harley Rider
TS
Obama For Eight!
2009-08-26 19:32:13 UTC
Post by TS
I wouldn't piss up his ass if his guts were on fire...the dirty son of
a bitch.
TS
You mean like the way you piss up the ass of your fellow Repuke
RORTers at the campground showers by the "campfire" you sicko nutcase
bastard?
HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW
Old Harley Rider
Old Harley Rider
LK
Hunter Hampton
2009-08-26 18:25:39 UTC
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:22:09 -0400, Old Harley Rider
Post by Old Harley Rider
At least we have one senator that won't be lying or feeding us bull shit
anymore.
At the very least he should have been charged with manslaughter
Eight.

Say, did you wreck your Harley and hit your head or something?
Chuck Norris
2009-08-26 16:44:37 UTC
Post by LK
[...]
40 years late. I wonder if he was given end of life counselling? Did
one of 0's minions pull the plug? My dad had the same malady in 1956.
He lived 6 months. See how far we have come!
--
Will Rogers never met Obama!

Chuck Norris
Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
2009-08-26 17:31:37 UTC
I wonder what sort of honors will be bestowed upon Kennedy, now that
he's been promoted to glory?
There'll no doubt be statues of him in prominent places? As a
stutue, he'll probably be gazing out into the future holding a law
book, with poor, ragged children looking up at him in gratitude?
HawHawHaw!
Schools, libraries, and maybe a federal building will be named after
him?
It looks like Teddy Kennedy came to a better end than his ankle biters
will? Kennedy will remembered by all for a long time.........
Turdblossoms like BILL P, & "Liver Can" will only be remembered so
long as their relatives are fighting over their stuff! HawHawHaw!
Ray Jay
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-26 18:24:36 UTC
Post by Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
I wonder what sort of honors will be bestowed upon Kennedy, now that
he's been promoted to glory?
He'll be extolled as a total saint with all the shit swept under the carpet.
Post by Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
There'll no doubt be statues of him in prominent places?
Stalin once had hundreds of statues and his picture hung in half the
buildings in the USSR.

As a
Post by Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
stutue, he'll probably be gazing out into the future holding a law
book, with poor, ragged children looking up at him in gratitude?
HawHawHaw!
Not to mention pigeons shitting on his head and dogs pissing on his ankles.
Post by Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
Schools, libraries, and maybe a federal building will be named after
him?
Maybe even a bridge in Chappaquiddick?
Post by Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
It looks like Teddy Kennedy came to a better end than his ankle biters
will?
He died and his ankle biters will too. Which end is better?

Kennedy will remembered by all for a long time.........

As a coward who couldn't face up to his mistakes.

LZ
Obama For Eight!
2009-08-26 19:50:05 UTC
  Kennedy will remembered by all for a long time.........
LZ
Just as former members of our beloved Air Force will remember another
recruit for his regular shower room "duties." When he dies, his
statue will show him on his knees all puckered up.
HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW
Technobarbarian
2009-08-26 18:34:43 UTC
Post by Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
I wonder what sort of honors will be bestowed upon Kennedy, now that
he's been promoted to glory?
There'll no doubt be statues of him in prominent places? As a
stutue, he'll probably be gazing out into the future holding a law
book, with poor, ragged children looking up at him in gratitude?
HawHawHaw!
LOL, this is just further proof that there are some things politicians
should not be allowed to mess with. He'll need non-ragged kids to keep the
statue from being unredeemably ugly. With those ears Obama is another one
who shouldn't have the inevitable statues made.
Post by Raymond J. Johnson Jr.
Schools, libraries, and maybe a federal building will be named after
him?
Schools and a federal building are pretty much inevitable, but you left
out Navy Ships. Ted is likely to get a nuclear powered aircraft carrier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CVN-79 It's a small irony that he'll probably
bump Barry Goldwater.

TB
Peter Pan
2009-08-26 21:55:25 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CVN-79 It's a smalltuff irony that he'll
probably bump Barry Goldwater.
TB
don't sweat the small stuff....
seems it is a BIG irony that he was anti nuke power but may get a nuke
powered ship named after him..... Or maybe a medium irony that some in his
family died in a plane crash, and it's an AIRCRAFT carrier? :)
Old Harley Rider
2009-08-26 16:20:54 UTC
At least we have one senator that won't be lying or feeding us bull shit
anymore.
At the very least he should have been charged wityh manslaughter.
Post by FMB
Its about time.
FMB
(North Mexico)
Chuck Norris
2009-08-26 16:42:33 UTC
Post by FMB
Its about time.
FMB
(North Mexico)
Liquor stocks crash!
--
Will Rogers never met Obama!

Chuck Norris
rvfulltime
2009-08-26 17:09:40 UTC
Post by FMB
Its about time.
FMB
(North Mexico)
Kennedy, Democrat, driving under the influence of alcohol kills someone. No
punishment resulted.

William Janklow, Republican former multi term governor and member of US House of
Representatives, driving under the influence of alcohol kills someone. Janklow
goes to jail.
Simon Jester
2009-08-26 19:23:46 UTC
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:09:40 -0700, rvfulltime
Post by rvfulltime
Post by FMB
Its about time.
FMB
(North Mexico)
Kennedy, Democrat, driving under the influence of alcohol kills someone. No
punishment resulted.
William Janklow, Republican former multi term governor and member of US House of
Representatives, driving under the influence of alcohol kills someone. Janklow
goes to jail.
Republicans need to get used to that sort of treatment, and worse, the
Dems have the power abd they aren't going to give it up without a
fight.
Technobarbarian
2009-08-26 19:43:53 UTC
Post by rvfulltime
Kennedy, Democrat, driving under the influence of alcohol kills someone.
No punishment resulted.
William Janklow, Republican former multi term governor and member of US
House of Representatives, driving under the influence of alcohol kills
someone. Janklow goes to jail.
Gee, do you think slightly different circumstances might have resulted
in slightly different outcomes? Not to mention that they happened in
different eras? Nah, couldn't be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Janklow#Election_to_Congress.2C_car_crash.2C_and_aftermath

"On August 16, 2003, Janklow was involved in a fatal traffic collision when
the white Cadillac Seville he was driving hit motorcyclist Randolph E. Scott
at a rural intersection near Trent, South Dakota. Scott, a 55-year-old
Minnesotan, was thrown from his motorcycle and killed instantly. Janklow
suffered a broken hand and bleeding on the brain. In the ensuing
investigation of the accident, it was determined Janklow was likely driving
at least 70 miles per hour in a 55 mph zone and that he ran a stop sign at
the intersection where the crash occurred.

Robert O'Shea, accident reconstruction expert, testified at Janklow's trial
that he estimated the speeds to be 63 or 64 miles per hour at the time of
impact. O'Shea downloaded the information from the Electronic Data Recorder
of the Cadillac. This data was in contrast to the State Highway Patrol's
estimate of "at least 70 mph." The State was not able to download the
information because they did not have a connector needed and did not attempt
to procure one to transfer the information. With Janklow's speed now at
63-64 miles an hour (while failing to stop at a stop sign), Scott's
motorcycle's speed was then at 65 mph, faster than the Highway Patrols
estimate of 59.[7][8]

Janklow was arraigned on August 29. In response, he said he "couldn't be
sorrier" for the accident. His trial began on December 1. In his defense,
his lawyer argued that he suffered a bout of hypoglycemia, or low blood
sugar, and was thus "confused" and "mixed up." Janklow testified that he had
taken an insulin shot the morning of the accident and had subsequently not
eaten anything throughout day, resulting in low blood sugar. Jurors were not
informed of his record of three previous accidents and twelve speeding
violations, though his driving history had been widely reported in the local
media. He once got a ticket for speeding his motorcycle four blocks from his
home to the Capitol, and another for not having the proper license
endorsement to drive it. (Janklow has long been an unapologetic speeder; in
a 1999 speech to the state legislature, he said, "Bill Janklow speeds when
he drives - shouldn't, but he does. When he gets the ticket he pays
it.")[9][10]

On December 8, 2003, Janklow was convicted by a Moody County jury of
second-degree manslaughter. A few days later, he resigned his seat in
Congress effective January 20, 2004. This was because the conviction
substantially limited his role in Congress; House rules do not allow
congressmen who are convicted of felonies to vote or participate in
committee work until the House Ethics Committee conducts an investigation.
On June 1, a special election was held to fill his seat, and Herseth won
against Republican candidate Larry Diedrich.

On January 22, he was sentenced to spend 100 days in jail. After 30 days, he
was able to leave the jail for several hours each day in order to perform
community service. He was released on May 17, 2004.

Scott's family sued Janklow for damages, but the court ruled that because
Janklow was on official business at the time, he was protected from any
monetary claims by the Federal Tort Claims Act, which ascribes liability to
the government as opposed to the individual who is acting in a governmental
capacity. In July 2006, Scott's family filed a $25 million wrongful death
suit against the U.S. government. The lawsuit was settled for $1 million on
May 14, 2008."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy#Chappaquiddick_incident

"On the night of July 18, 1969, Kennedy was on Martha's Vineyard's
Chappaquiddick Island at a party for the "Boiler Room Girls", a group of
young women who had worked on his brother Robert's presidential campaign the
year before.[45] Leaving the party, Kennedy was driving a 1967 Oldsmobile
Delmont 88 with one of the women, 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne, as his
passenger, when Kennedy drove off Dike Bridge into the Poucha Pond inlet.
Kennedy escaped the overturned vehicle and swam to safety, but Kopechne died
in the car. Kennedy left the scene and did not call authorities until after
Kopechne's body was discovered the following day.[45]

On July 25, Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident and
was given a sentence of two months in jail, suspended.[45] That night, he
gave a national broadcast in which he said, "I regard as indefensible the
fact that I did not report the accident to the police immediately", but
denied driving under the influence of alcohol and denied any immoral conduct
between him and Kopechne.[45] Kennedy asked the Massachusetts electorate
whether he should stay in office and, after getting a favorable response, he
did so.[45]

In January 1970, an inquest into Kopechne's death took place in Edgartown,
Massachusetts.[45] At the request of Kennedy's lawyers, the Massachusetts
Supreme Judicial Court ordered the inquest be conducted in
secret.[45][47][48] The presiding judge, James A. Boyle, concluded that some
aspects of Kennedy's story of that night were not true, and that "negligent
driving appears to have contributed to the death of Mary Jo Kopechne."[48] A
grand jury on Martha's Vineyard staged a two-day investigation in April 1970
but issued no indictment, after which Boyle made his inquest report
public.[45] Kennedy deemed its conclusions "not justified."[45] Doubts about
the Chappaquiddick incident generated a large number of articles and books
over the next several years.[49]

Kennedy easily won re-election to another term in the Senate in 1970 with 62
percent of the vote against underfunded Republican candidate Josiah
Spaulding, although he received about 500,000 fewer votes than in 1964."

TB
Lone Haranguer
2009-08-26 20:41:40 UTC
Post by Technobarbarian
Kennedy easily won re-election to another term in the Senate in 1970 with 62
percent of the vote against underfunded Republican candidate Josiah
Spaulding, although he received about 500,000 fewer votes than in 1964."
Conclusion: Janklow killed a person through criminal negligence.

Kennedy killed a person through criminal negligence AND the fact that he
left the scene of an accident where the victim could possibly have been
saved.
Kennedy fled in order to construct an alibi and lie about the circumstances.
LZ
matt_colie
2009-08-27 12:39:43 UTC
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by Technobarbarian
Kennedy easily won re-election to another term in the Senate in 1970
with 62 percent of the vote against underfunded Republican candidate
Josiah Spaulding, although he received about 500,000 fewer votes than
in 1964."
Conclusion: Janklow killed a person through criminal negligence.
Kennedy killed a person through criminal negligence AND the fact that he
left the scene of an accident where the victim could possibly have been
saved.
Kennedy fled in order to construct an alibi and lie about the
circumstances.
LZ
I personally find the entire Kopechne incident disgusting. There was a
great deal of the information about that the media never mentioned.

Mary Jo was left trapped and alive in the overturned vehicle for between
one and a half and three hours before we asphyxiated. Kennedy took so
long to get assistance that his clothes dry by the time a rescue was
even suggested.

How do I know this. It is a part of the public record that was pointed
out to me by the doctor that was the island medical examiner. Just as
there is no mention on the autopsy report that she was pregnant. Both
he and the police chief were told in no uncertain terms that they should
do their best to say as little as possible to anybody about it.

It turned out that the "Boiler Room" girls were not just there to make
telephone calls.

I am just glad that there is little chance that I will live to see the
current degeneration of the country to the end point that it is falling
toward with ever increasing pace.

Matt
nothermark
2009-08-28 02:01:03 UTC
Post by matt_colie
Post by Lone Haranguer
Post by Technobarbarian
[...]
you get diagnosed with something terminal?

I'm thinking the fun is just starting, The next Presidential election
cycle should be very interesting but not as good as the one after it.
Technobarbarian
2009-08-28 04:21:43 UTC
Post by nothermark
I'm thinking the fun is just starting, The next Presidential election
cycle should be very interesting but not as good as the one after it.
The next one could be real interesting or a real mess. Barring an
unlikely Dem' train wreck or the reverse of the sort of "perfect storm"
McCain faced I think there's only one person among the current crop of
likely candidates who's actually electable. I think he only has an outside
shot at getting the nomination. There are likely to be a lot of moderates
defecting to the Repub's, which is a hopeful sign, but there could also be a
significant amount of cross over voting by people who would prefer to see
someone unelectable nominated.

Sarah Palin is in the process of self-destructing, so I don't think
she's likely to be a factor.
http://www.adn.com/palin/story/912369.html

"Organizers of an Anchorage event that has been billing Sarah Palin for
weeks as a star speaker were left scrambling Wednesday after learning that
the former governor won't be there for tonight's event and claims to have
never been asked.

It would be at least the fourth time in recent months that an anticipated
Palin speech has fallen through after Palin and her camp disputed they had
ever confirmed it. That includes the brouhaha over whether she'd speak at
the annual congressional Republican fundraising dinner in Washington, D.C.,
this summer.

This time it's an event promoting an Alaska ballot measure aimed at making
it illegal for teens to get an abortion without telling their parents. The
Alaska Family Council has been advertising that Palin would give a speech
and become the first official signer of the ballot petition tonight at
ChangePoint, the Anchorage megachurch.

Palin spokeswoman Meg Stapleton said Wednesday, in response to inquiries
from the Daily News about tonight's event, that "this is the first we have
ever heard of a speech." She said Palin is out of state and won't be there.

Stapleton declined to provide details on where Palin is and what she is
doing.

Alaska Family Council President Jim Minnery said it was news to him when a
reporter told him that Stapleton was saying Palin had no knowledge of the
speech, which his group has been promoting. He said organizers have been
talking to Palin "contacts" for weeks about it."
[snip]

TB
nothermark
2009-08-28 10:47:02 UTC
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:21:43 -0700, "Technobarbarian"
Post by Technobarbarian
Post by nothermark
[...]
I think Palin did a Perot and reconsidered wanting the job when it
looked like it might happen. Now I think she is trying to fade out
of sight.

FWIW it is a real problem with some of the open ballot states. I
think McCain got put in by Democrats crossing over. Many of the
crossover voters I heard were intent on an unwinnable Republican and
expected the far right to walk away from him. Many also expected they
were paving the way for Hilliary.
matt_colie
2009-08-28 17:03:58 UTC
Post by nothermark
you get diagnosed with something terminal?
Yes, and it is a condition that will not be treated under the "Reformed
Healthcare" plan (HR3200)that will be in complete control of everybody's
lives in four years. After that the Death Panel will advise me that as
I am no longer contributing to society (paying taxes - but only on
meager SS) I can get only pain medications. I do not expect to last
very long after that even though I currently pay my own medical expenses.
Post by nothermark
I'm thinking the fun is just starting, The next Presidential election
cycle should be very interesting but not as good as the one after it.
Don't count on it.
There is already a bill studied to either reverse the 22th amendment or
name Obama as president for life because he is such an incredible and
important figure in American Leadership. (This is not a joke.)

Remember that the current administration sees the Constitution as an
impediment to what they believe should be done by their government.

There really should be two new requirements of congressmen:
1 - They be required to read the bill they are about to vote (and maybe
take a quiz to prove that he did actually read it - no pass - no vote.)
2 - That all voting congressmen wear jackets (ala Nascar) that indicate
where the true allegiances (where he got money) may lie.

In short, I do not have much hope for any of us.

Matt
nothermark
2009-08-28 21:18:03 UTC
Post by matt_colie
Post by nothermark
you get diagnosed with something terminal?
Yes, and it is a condition that will not be treated under the "Reformed
Healthcare" plan (HR3200)that will be in complete control of everybody's
lives in four years. After that the Death Panel will advise me that as
I am no longer contributing to society (paying taxes - but only on
meager SS) I can get only pain medications. I do not expect to last
very long after that even though I currently pay my own medical expenses.
Sounds like a terminal case of Glenn Beckitis. No such thing as a
death panel. Too many Democrats on SS or heading there to see it go
away. From some of what I have heard the chances of self medicating
pain might improve.
Interesting. I just assume they are all crooks.
Larry
2009-08-29 16:50:28 UTC
Post by matt_colie
1 - They be required to read the bill they are about to vote (and maybe
take a quiz to prove that he did actually read it - no pass - no vote.)
2 - That all voting congressmen wear jackets (ala Nascar) that indicate
where the true allegiances (where he got money) may lie.
In short, I do not have much hope for any of us.
Matt
They should come under the same rules as other government employees.
Same retirement, helth care etc.
Technobarbarian
2009-08-28 03:16:40 UTC
Post by matt_colie
I personally find the entire Kopechne incident disgusting. There was a
great deal of the information about that the media never mentioned.
Mary Jo was left trapped and alive in the overturned vehicle for between
one and a half and three hours before we asphyxiated. Kennedy took so
long to get assistance that his clothes dry by the time a rescue was even
suggested.
How do I know this. It is a part of the public record that was pointed
out to me by the doctor that was the island medical examiner. Just as
there is no mention on the autopsy report that she was pregnant. Both he
and the police chief were told in no uncertain terms that they should do
their best to say as little as possible to anybody about it.
You're blowing smoke. There was no mention of a pregnancy on the
"autopsy" report because there was no autopsy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident

"The medical examiner, Dr Donald Mills, was satisfied that the cause of
death was accidental drowning. He signed a death certificate to that effect
and released Kopechne's body to her family without ordering an autopsy.[24]
Later, on September 18, District Attorney Dinis attempted to secure an
exhumation of Kopechne's body in order to perform a belated autopsy,[25]
citing blood found on Kopechne's skirt and in her mouth and nose "which may
or may not be consistent with death by drowning".[26] The reported discovery
of the blood was made when her clothes were turned over to authorities by
the funeral director.[27]

A Pennsylvania court under Judge Bernard Brominski held a hearing on the
request on October 20-21.[25] The request was opposed by Kopechne's
parents.[25] Eventually Judge Brominski ruled against the exhumation on
December 10, saying that there was "no evidence" that "anything other than
drowning had caused the death of Mary Jo Kopechne"."

I assume the public record you're refering to was the inquest and the
speculation of the diver who recovered the body.

"Earlier that morning, two amateur fishermen had seen the overturned car in
the water and notified the inhabitants of the cottage nearest to the pond,
who called the authorities at around 8:20 am.[14] A diver was sent down and
discovered Kopechne's body at around 8:45 am.[15] The diver, John Farrar,
later testified at the inquest that Kopechne's body was pressed up in the
car in the spot where an air bubble would have formed. He interpreted this
to mean that Kopechne had survived for a while after the initial accident in
the air bubble, and concluded that

" Had I received a call within five to ten minutes of the accident
occurring, and was able, as I was the following morning, to be at the
victim's side within twenty-five minutes of receiving the call, in such
event there is a strong possibility that she would have been alive on
removal from the submerged car.[8] "

Farrar believed that Kopechne "lived for at least two hours down there.""

Unexplained in this speculation is why she didn't escape the vehicle
the same way Kennedy had. That said, he was so clearly out of line I don't
understand why people feel the need to embelish the story.

TB